Choosing a family vehicle is not always an easy chore, especially in the North country. There are several factors that must be taken into consideration visiting your local ford dealers Buffalo NY can help you make an educated decision. Our choice for the best family Ford vehicle is the Ford Expedition.
Of course, you want the safest Ford vehicle to put your children in, especially in New York where the winter months can be extremely harsh. Safety features you should look for include the following:
- A 5 Star Crash Rating is always something to look for when buying a family Ford vehicle.
- BLIS with Cross Traffic Alert, this system uses a radar to let you know when there is a vehicle in your “blind spot” or warning you if there is a car behind you while backing up.
- Rain sensing wipers are not only good for rain but great for snow. Optical sensors defect the moisture and automatically turn on and off.
- Air bags have been around for a while now, but many vehicles have multi air bags including side impact air bags and Ford offers the Safety Canopy System with three row side curtain airbags and a rollover sensor for extra protection.
- SYNC 3, is a voice activated touchscreen navigation system that allows you to keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road.
- Another great safety feature is the Trailer Sway Control System to help avoid an accident.
- Lane Keeping System simply push the button and it’s activated. The system uses road indicators to monitor the vehicles position and sends physical vibrations through your steering wheel makes you aware you have left the lane, it also helps guide the vehicle back to the correct road position.
Comfort & Cargo
Comfort is also an important part of riding in a vehicle, you always want to make sure you have plenty of room for the family and a few friends especially if you’re a soccer mom or dad. Kids always want to bring a friend along. If you travel a lot or long distances it’s important to make sure you have enough room, so everyone is comfortable and there is plenty of room for your luggage.
The Ford Expedition seats up to eight people. The front seat has two bucket seats with heat and air control. The back seat, seats three people comfortably and if you need even more room a third row of seats, seat an additional three people or it can be used as cargo.
The Ford Expedition is not only the most ideal but also safest family ford vehicle stop by your ford dealers Buffalo NY for a test drive.